2006 DRC Vosne-Romanee 1er 'Cuvee Duvault Blochet'

Performed way above expectations. A garden of roses, maturing darker fruits. On the palate, lacy, refined, gossamer tannins. Quintessential peacock’s tail. Just totally, absolutely and completely delicious today.

sounds yummy, thanks for the note

2006_duvault-blochet.png

I have read some commentary suggesting 06s weren’t the best chez DRC. Bought on release so paid a small fraction of today’s prices.

Nathan is deeply bothered when people enjoy wine.

You had me at “Nathan is deeply bothered.”

At $1600 per bottle, does “performing way above expectations” include a “Happy Ending”?

[Al Gore wants to know.]

lovely note. Very Vosne.

Lovely wine Kent, drinking beautifully.

Yes, great that the 2006 came through. (I have never had this wine and probably never will, but have other '06 red burg, so the “data point” is encouraging.)

Think I paid $195 for those, I’ll have to pull a 6 pack. Thanks for the review. I never loved the '02, but think I had some bad bottles.

He did not pay $1600.

That’s about what I paid. Now I need the Delorean!
I had the 02 a couple of years ago and agree not as good as 06. I tasted the entire DRC line up soon after release and whilst excellent, not up to their very best vintages (based on my meagre sample set).
I also have '08 …anyone tasted it?

Tasted the '99 a while back. Corked. Although the few sips I could manage were full of intensity.

What’s up with the posts from Nathan? I read some of his other posts and they’re, um, interesting.

The wine sounds great, by the way, Kent. The use of, “peacock’s tail” is extremely descriptive and, although I’ve never used it or read it, I can totally understand what you mean.

Thanks for sharing Kent, I’ve got one of these and a 2008 sitting in cellar somewhere. To your point they were under $200 so not cheap, but not those WSPro prices either.

Any reason to continue to hold?