2010 Guion Cuvee Prestige in a nice state

For a 10$ wine this is brilliant. The fruit alone is worth it. Wow! Let alone the acidity to balance. Fantastic wine. And I am no masochist
Rather a Hedonist [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]
It will be even more awesome in the next 10-20 years I am sure

Thanks for this Claus. I only have a few of these left, wish I had a lot more. I do have six of the Deux Month as well though. I’ve found the '08 is drinking really well in the last year.

I only have the 2010 Deux Monts left, thinking of giving it more time. I had a 1997 Cuvee Prestige last year that was stupid good.

I’ve also only stored Deux Monts of this producer - the 2010 and 1 other vintage, I wasn’t as confident about keeping the other 2 labels for longer terms. But the TN is encouraging.

Bought 2 cases of 2010 champagne.gif
The 2008 and 2009 are also delicious. In very different styles
The 2005 is soon entering a long maturity window

have some 09 prestige and DM and then a few in each of the subsequent vintages since…

had an 11 baudry clos guillot last night…really pretty wine, but the guion at half the cost is such a superior value in loire.

I drink and buy Guion often, but for me, it’s nowhere near the same planet as the top Baudry cuvees, especially Guillot. The Baudry is well worth the 2x or more multiplier. The vintage you drank, 2011 is a though year for Loire Cab Franc. The 2014 and 2015 Baudry range is spectacular, I went deep deep.

This
I especially find that 2010 and 2014 are superior chez Baudry. (And the wines are hyperbargains, despite they are expensive, compared to Guion)
Looking forward to taste the 2010 Croix Boisee rouge@ age 20

The 2010 Croix Boisse is spectacular and only starting to show glimpses of how great it will really be.

Thanks for the note. I drank my last 2010 five years ago but I enjoyed it very much back then. When I see the Prestige and remember to buy it, I definitely do so.

Thanks to everyone else for the other recommendations.

Invite you new friend, Leve, for a Croix Boisee vertikal [cheers.gif]

I buy both producers. I have case bought Guion in good vintages like 2005, 2009, 2010, and 2014. However, I buy all Baudry cuvees with the exception of Granges in every vintage, and I have been buying deep in most vintages with the exception of 2011, and 2013. These are all great wines.

Poor Leve would be ruined!

We would never see him use terms again like “liquid hot chocolate sex magic” or “luv me sum Rollo like a phat kid luv cake”.

The color green would rule the day!

Here’s hoping that tasting has a pay-for-view option, I’d pony up to watch that!

What’s the buzz on Baudry 2016?

I also popped one of these last week coincidentally. Same perspective as Claus;
It’s just in a great place for the money.

Per David Lillie at Chambers Street the 2016 wines are fabulous.

One note regarding Guion, there is bottle variation, but comes with the territory given the price point.

the 2016 Baudry wines per David Lillie are fabulous. Not sure about the Guion wines