TN: 1997 Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Santo Stefano (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco)

• 1997 Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Santo Stefano - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco (10/24/2018)
    A wonderful showing and somewhere near its apogee I suspect. The nose draws you in with the scent of rose petals and other plant material. It has some fresh black earth notes and ripe red fruits. There’s a hint of leather and plenty of Indian spice. The palate is full and whilst acidity is relatively low it is a vibrant wine of good detail. One is left with an engaging inner mouth perfume after the wine is swallowed.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note Jeremy. I have the '97 Rabaja, Rocche and Asili, but not Santo Stefano. I think Giacosa made the wines of the vintage in 1997, and all the ones I’ve had are showing beautifully. I’d give them a couple of years possible upside, based on time they have taken to open up in the glass for me, but I’d agree near their apogee. Lovely wines.

I loved that '97 Giacosa Asili you guys brought to Marta a couple of months ago.