Random valuation question-87 raveneau vaillons

With today’s rather bonkers market (but I’d say is still going higher for raveneau) what do you think the 87 vaillons is worth? In the good problem category I found a 6pk in my cellar and I’m playing with the idea of selling 3.

Thanks

-paul

Auction value is $232 so I’d say that if you have good, clean photos and the wine seems sound you could ask $200 comfortably. That’s a friend’s birth-year. If you are willing to take clear photos in good light, I’d be interested in one just to open for his birthday.

from wine searcher: “The most recent global average price we have for Domaine Francois Raveneau Vaillons 1987 is $299 (July 2014).”

That much? What are Raveneau 1996’s going for these days?

I’d be in for a bottle at 200 as well.

Please pm me if you decide to sell.

Cheers!

Lucas

Thanks, I should’ve been able to see this but I missed it when I searched. I think I sold a few cases of Raveneau about 4yrs ago and it took a while to move them below $100…times have changed and Raveneau and Roulot and hot.

I wouldn’t privately sell these. I would consider going to auction. Raveneau this old could get silly. Frankly, I’d sell all 6. Might be more fun to have the $$$ than the wine.

Auction- auction- auction. I would not even consider selling to someone based on retail pricing of more than a few months ago given what has happened to Raveneau this fall.

I just did a quick peek high level at some results for off-vintages of the 80s, and looks like mid to upper hundreds per bottle on a couple of mixed lots- and that was over a year ago.

These are not Les Clos, but when interest is this intense, you have a good likelihood of finding someone at auction who wants a vertical, or just wants as many different bottlings as possible. Unless you really want to drink one, I would consider selling the entire 6 pack with original packaging.

Zachy’s sold a six pack of 90 rav vaillons in June of this year. Seller received $306 per bottle. 87 isn’t the greatest vintage. I’d expect $200-$250 if you consigned it today.

If I had the original packing I probably would, ive never bothered to keep cardboard. Never planning on selling it just never seems to make sense to me. If I ever buy at auction I tell them to forget the cardboard-probably a bad idea but such is life.

No worries- it just helps if you have it, even if you only sell part of the case. My wine is all stored offsite, so I insist on OCBs/OWCs where I can because it makes keeping track of things easier. Funny, now that boxes themselves have value- they “disappear” a lot more often than they used to in the retail/auction cycle.