An Alternative Vino-Universe where Leve and Alfert agree on a Bordeaux

2014 Chateau Potensac, Medoc

JEFF LEVE WROTE:
89 points
July 12, 2017 - Firm, young, fresh, with a forest floor, leaf, tobacco and red berry profile, the wine is firm, backwards and needs time to age and develop.

It’s as if someone surgically implanted my tongue and gift of terse prose into Leve’s body. His note and score is precisely how I would describe this classic QPR. I enjoyed it over two nights, overlapping a night with a 2014 Lanessan. It was every bit as good as the Lanessan, the Lanessan having more depth of fruit and range into the darks, and Potensac having the higher-acid, red profile. K&L has it for $21.99. Buy it by the case to enjoy over the next 20. This is a Bordeaux drinkers daily Bordeaux.

“Had,” not “has”

And hyphenate “Bordeaux drinkers”, which is also possessive.

Sheesh.

Why, it’s almost as if the most important thing was the wine!

You elite North-Easterners are always picking on us disenfranchised ethnic minorities and Southerners. I’m doubly-challenged, and yet you continue. The shame . . . .

I was dictating, while driving, while working. Life is a juggle. Don’t drop the big balls!

:wink:

PS. Total Slime has this wine at $29.99, and with the occasional French 20% coupon, down to $24. I’m in for a case at that price, EZ PZ.

Huh? I leave the country for a few days and the world is out of order! 0)

I took over your website. Top hits are Sociando, Lanessan and VCC. The Pavie homage page has mysteriously disappeared. The forum now has thousands of fans and a very prominent Loire Cab Franc section! [wow.gif]

OK, I have to admit, that is too funny!

Now I agree with Leve too!

Also, search-and-replace “Rolland” for “Valdemort”

I’m getting my '14 Lanessan and Potensac both from Total Wine. I have to pay $27 for the Potensac but the $18 price for the Lanessan makes up for it.