2017 Seehof "Kirchspiel" Riesling trocken - BestBuy

Here I want to recommend you a Riesling which has a fantastic QPR. Truly a BestBuy
As the Top-GGs cost around 40-50€ or even more in Germany, this Riesling with GG-quality cost 15€ in Germany. I hope you can find it in USA.

2017 Seehof “Kirchspiel” Riesling trocken

Classic KIRCHSPIEL, clear&taut&precise and CHALK, CHALK, CHALK.

It seems 2017 is a Kirchspiel vintage for me. And the winemaker Florian Fauth did a brilliant job.

Chapeau, Flo.

Importer: https://www.vomboden.com

93-94/100

Cheers,
Martin

Vom Boden imports this to the northeastern US. I haven’t had the '17 yet, but the '16 was a great value too. The Morstein is as well, even though it costs a bit more. I find a strong chalk aroma in most Seehof wines. Maybe it’s more pronounced in the Kirchspiel because of the site, but they usually have a strong combination of chalk and lees that strikes me as their house style (and I really like it).

Good to know, vom Boden.

@ Doug…are you getting the range of Rieslings & their Weissbergunder from Seehof? If so…I’d be interested in knowing what they’re going to cost.

@ Martin I have only had the Morstein Weissbergunder that I think is a wonderful wine and makes me wish I could get more quality Weissbergunder here in the US.

Kirk,

I had 2017 Weissburgunder Morstein and 2017 Riesling Morstein AR a few days, both are very promising. But quite shy right now!

Cheers,
Martin

I recently had the 2016 Seehof Morstein Riesling Kabinett. Quite good for $20.