1990 Robert Michel Cornas La Geynale

• 1990 Robert Michel Cornas La Geynale - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Cornas (10/20/2018)
    Knowing the low quality of corks in this era, I was terrified that this would be corked. How fortunate that those fears did not come to pass. Absolutely stunning Cornas. As good as it gets in the Rhone. Black-fruited, meaty, spicy, a touch of coffee, and wholly Cornas. The palate shows tons of Cornas character, with lots of blood and iron. The fruit is still there as well to round out this wine. Tannins are mostly resolved – this is fully ready to drink now and is pretty much exactly what it should be. (93 pts.)

These are truly gorgeous wines, when on. Classic Cornas. Thanks, Adrian.

88 curry opened was corked :frowning:

C’mon Adrian, you can’t just edit in a 93!

I don’t usually comment on my scoring but I’ll make a brief exception here. There are way too many special snowflakes on this board who got upset with my scores. So to keep all the people here whose sense of personal self-worth depends on my scores happy, I feed them the emotional pablum of 93 points.

That was my worry about this bottle. A 1990 Roziers next to this was corked.

I love how much this still bothers people.

Fyi, it takes two seconds or less to google the note on CT.

For the record, I’m pretty sure Daniel wasn’t bothered by my scoring system.

Well, if y’all are buddies than forgive my ignorance. Lol.

The lack of sarcasm font strikes again

What’s truly sad is Wisconsinites specialize in sarcastic humor.

shame face

Thank you for the note as I picked one up off wb a few months ago. Looking forward to it!

His 1999s were also particularly good. While not the most consistent producer, I think the wines are underrated.

William, thanks for the tip! I think the fact that the prices haven’t blown up the way Verset has has kept many bottles on the sidelines. The older ones aren’t too easy to find…

I think he still has quite a lot, need to go and knock on the door to see what can be had.

I had the '99 18 months ago. Pretty good but didn’t ring any bells. Thought it needed more fruit.

Mmm, mmm, 93 points.