Eurocave -- stuck shelves?

Anyone else have a problem with their Eurocave shelves getting stuck? It almost sounds like the shelves ‘sink’ a bit, making a sort of ‘thunk’ sound, and then don’t want to pull out at all. Mine is a Premiere L series, fwiw.

Any help is appreciated.

You need to adjust the rollers. If you take out the shelf you should be able to adjust them in and out

There are screws (the ones u screw towards the ground. Not the ones on the sides), adjust them by making the rack slightly wider.

Was having same issue. It appears the problem was an imbalance in the botttles - I had 11 instead of 13. Added 2 more and problem gone. The roller shelves seem to like Bordeaux style bottles more.

I’ve found the shelves near the middle bar frequently get stuck under on the bar…but never thought I could adjust them. Thank you for sharing…

All very helpful – thanks everyone. I made adjustments to the racks, and tried to rebalance. Much better.

Real answer is too much wine.

Here’s a quick video fully explaining and demonstrating how to fix the shelves. Takes just 2 mins.

:pray:t4::pray:t4: Thanks for this thread. This has annoyed me for awhile with my Eurocave.

Agreed! Going to work on this soon…I thought it was just mine.

I just adjusted two shelves that have annoyed me for quite awhile. They work perfectly now. Although I feel pretty dumb on the relative ease of the fix, it has brought a bit of wine happiness to my day. Again thanks for the thread. Amazing how a something so simple can brighten your day :slight_smile:

Agreed, it’s always nice to see folks challenges and success with these.

Can I ask a question?

How often do most of you open your Eurocaves? As shipping season hits it’s every couple of weeks to make room for arrivals and remove wines I plan to open in the near future.

I open it at least once a week

I open it 1-2 times a week.

This is the problem that is most vexing to me. I ended up taking out the bar and that solved the issue at hand. But, I do worry about the overall structural integrity of the cabinet with it out. I would like to solve the problem the “correct” way - whatever that is. Haven’t found it yet.

That cross bar is to keep the sides from bowing out. My fixed wooden shelf sits on top of it. Rearrange your shelves

I agree completely…that cross bar HAS to be in there. I’ve shifted my cabinet shelves a bit to accommodate but in the end it’s just a little lift to get the shelf to clear that screw over the bar.

Great info. Thanks for sharing! champagne.gif

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I had one shelf that was stuck so badly I couldn’t pull it more than a few inches out. I assumed this was because it was bent - turns out it’s fine.