if you could pick one of these DRC to drink today...

which one and why?
06 DRC Richebourg
07 DRC Richebourg
05 DRC RSV
06 DRC RSV

Obviously, 05 is the “best” vintage (whether that proves out we have yet to see). I think 06 is probably the most approachable at the moment.

Any thoughts?

thanks

I’d flip a coin between the '06 and '07 Richebourgs…

2006 RSV.

06 rsv is drinking really well right now. 05 is tight.

07 Richebourg was a bit too oaky when I had it earlier this year.

2006 RSV- no doubt.

agree w/ 06 RSV.

Had the 05 RSV a couple of years ago and it was singing.I don’t open them that young usually, have heard the 05’s may be shutting down,but I’d still go for the 05 RSV

06 RSV - because I have never had one and think of all the vintages listed it has the best likelihood of showing well right now. I’ve heard Richebourg takes decades to show what they’re truly made of…

07 Riche, 07s are open and singing.

I wouldn’t pick the '07. It is a good wine and a very good '07, but the other 3 wines are far superior. The '06 Richebourg needs more time and the '06 RSV is really good but I’ll take the '05 RSV.

07 Richebourg

I agree with Jeremy that all the others are better than it but I also think all the others have a greater improvement potential if further cellared.

Thus, today the 07, while the others continue to rest.

(But I am also a sucker - fool? - for delayed gratification.)

Also this assumes all the bottles are yours, and you will enjoy all of them eventually.

If you are buying off a wine list I say 05 RSV, opening ahead of time.

The wines are on restaurant list out of state. If they were all mine I would be waiting another decade+ but at “reasonable” prices at a restaurant why not?
Thanks

no contest.

I don’t really like '07 DRC’s.

'06 RSV as to which wine might be most approachable, but I’d still probably go the '05 RSV, as it is the best of all of those by a fair margin.

'05 RSV all the way :slight_smile:!

For the “only available this one time and has to be enjoyed now” scenario, I’d shoot for the '05 RSV because it will have a price premium in the market in the future that the '06 and '07 wines won’t have. That is, of course, assuming that it is on that list at an attractive price. If the '05 premium is there, then the '06 will probably be a better choice. I always favor RSV over Richebourg if faced with the choice between the two.

fred

Given this update to your scenario (I thought you were picking from your stash), I’d probably want to factor in restaurant price. Assuming relatively equal prices, go for the 05 RSV as it’s the best wine in the lineup.

Give us the prices too, as that will definitely factor in.

And name of the restaurant to better factor that in…

we went with the 06 RSV