TN: Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva 2014

Picked up 2 bottles at Rancho Mirage Costco to pair with a Filet loin that would be grilled a day later while on vacation.

What a deal as this wine is loaded with red and black fruits, spice, purple florals and great balancing acidity. Needs a few years but with the richness and fat of steak its a great bottle of wine with food. If drinking solo I’d hold til 2021 and try another.

Great value.

(we do not sell Monsanto)

Great value and extremely reliable quality in almost every vintage. I just finished my last '10s and '11s.

Hadn’t had it in a decade, summarily impressed, will be a case buy and hold half, drink half.

Second bottle was good after a couple hours better day 2 out of a Solo cup poolside.

I’m still amazed how many people do not realize how well CCR’s pair with grilled beef.

Monsanto’s CCR has become our “house” Chianti, an annual buy for me

Monsanto- Like the GMO farming industry Monsanto?

If you’re near Rancho Mirage- try Shabu Shabu - my son swears by it.

Annual buy for me as well. Magnums when I can find them. Usually drink them 7/8 years from vintage.

such an easy choice any time im looking for a low cost high quality wine.

Looks good, will give it a shot, appreciate the recommendation.

Yeah - a buy even in 2014? I admit I’ve avoided all '14’s. Usually get some of these and Fontodi’s, but neither in '14.

Never had Monsanto but some recent 14 Chianti’s are filling out nicely.

Still drinking on the 08 mags I got from grocery outlet for $20!

The last bottle I had was full of Brett.

I probably will buy the 15’s instead, but the 10’s and the 11’s are drinking well right now.

Finally got home and had a moment to dig around, and Galloni was fairly high on it giving it a 94 and a 15 year drinking window 2019 to 2034.

I just came across the 15’s at Costco for less than $17 a bottle. Easy case purchase. There has been some wild praise heaped on it already by the usual suspects.