16 Coche

Any word on what is being released this year ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I’m going tomorrow, I’ll ask.

Timing is everything [cheers.gif]

grab my allocation for me please? They might not have my name right, but it’s there, just look for the one with 6 corton charlies in the box

Do they all taste the same? [snort.gif]

If you do grab it, make sure you have your running shoes on :slight_smile:

I have seen bottles for sale in France.

I’m quite sturdy, pretty sure I could make it to the front gate at least.

In terms of Corton Charlemagne, my guess is '13 based on what I’m seeing on wine-searcher and cellartracker, but I could be wrong.

You are right. Perrières is also being systematically held back now, the 15 still hasn’t been released. I tasted it and it was extraordinary. As soon as I tried it, I understood what Raphaël is trying to achieve. Will write more about it some time soon.

Very helpful. Just to clarify, is '15 Perrieres getting released with '13 Corton-Charlemagne and the other '16s? Or is no Perrieres getting released this year again?

I think no MP this year - Raphaël wants to keep it back five years like the CC. But I will confirm on Monday, as I am going again!

So the definitive answer is that the 2016 MP will be sold along with the other 2016 wines (excepting the Corton-Charlemagne), but the 2015 MP will be kept back. In the future, Raphael would like both the MP and CC to be kept back five years before release, but it will take some time to get to that.

Very helpful context. Thank you! And two visits to Coche on the same trip…not bad!

Thanks William.