Tim Gaiser Wine Tasting Methodology???

Since we’re talking a lot on the subject of MS these days, can we talk a bit about about Tim Gaiser and his tasting methods?
Working with the Everyday Genius Tim Halborn (when somebody labels themselves a “genius”, my BS antenna goes into high alert mode), Tim developed a tasting system, based on sub modalities, that he claimed was revolutionizing the entire wine industry.
I viewed his CD 3-4 times and read several of his articles. To tell the truth, they were way over my head and I simply couldn’t understand it. But then I’m no genius nor a rocket scientist.
Since Tim’s sub modalities tasting methodology has revolutionized the wine industry, I’ve been a bit puzzled. I’ve yet to find anybody that confessed to using it.
Surely there must be somebody here on WB who does use it?? Can you tell me what I’m missing in it??
Tom

Never heard of it or him.

I was like Ian, but I found this: http://www.timgaiser.com/tasting--submodalities.html

I’m underwhelmed. When reading the article I did indeed form an visual image of a rose and barnyard (but not garlic). However, I am sure I don’t form visual images when tasting wine, and the idea sounds faintly ridiculous. Do people seriously have literal visual representations for oak, wet dog, petrol when tasting wine? And what about acidity and sweetness? Elegance?

The idea of submodalities seems to come from NLP, and the only submodality I get at this point is the ringing of warning bells.

Tom, maybe you’ve forgotten that you started a thread on this very topic a while back. Tim even posted.

Yup, Doug. I remember I raised the topic over 4 yrs ago. Over the last few yrs, particularly at tasting events and SFW&CF, I’ve asked folks, particularly panelists, if they have adopted Tim’s revolutionary tasting methodology. None admit so, and most have never heard of it.
Several yrs ago, I suggested to GregO’Byrn that maybe Tim should head a Seminar on his sub modalities methodology as I’d like to understand it. But no response.
Tom

Steve,
Back 4 yrs ago, I did a bit of reading on NLP. It just seemed a bit too woo-woo for me to understand. But, then, I’m a rocket scientist
and a bit of a sceptic.

I do (sometimes) form visual images when I’m tasting. When I drink the GDVajra JC Claret Nebbiolo, I visualize:
“tucking my face into the ample bosom of JuliaChild and embracing her, then rolling down together this gentle hillside
covered w/ Alpine Strawberries”.
Maybe that’s Tim’s methodology speaking to me after all!! [snort.gif]
Tom

Some things are not made to understand, Tom. You just have to believe

I really would like to understand it and become part of the revolution. I haven’t participated in a revolution since I fought
in the Revolutionary War!! [snort.gif]
Tom