Cameron Hughes Lot 661

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this new 2016 Cabernet release from Cameron.

I’ve had some good history with a few prior lots, but recently haven’t ordered from them due to spending too much on allocation lists. Can anyone attest to the drinkability of the 661?

Thanks!

I am a Cam aficianado, this wine sounds great. Have not tried it. But has the right dynamics: 65% NEW OAK, low production.

I like Cams "big ticket " Cabs, Lt 609 is great.

Take a chance… :slight_smile:

I just placed an order for lot 6 bottles lot 661. I noticed there are only 350 cases of this wine. I had a $ 25 coupon for referring a friend and wanted to try this new Cab. I find that Cam’s higher priced Cabs ( $ 29 and up) tend to be all stellar buys, clearly coming from upper echelon estates and easily are worth 2x the price…of course I am a fanboy…

Will give a TN on Lot 661 later this week.

My recollection is I liked this wine alot. I guess I didn’t do an actual tasting note.

If I recall correctly, I believe I liked the Lot 663 and 666 better.

Opened a 661 last night. Deep color, and very closed at first. After 20 minutes a heady aroma of cassis and black fruits. Oak does come out after about an hour. Well balanced this wine has lots of potential. Needs decanting - 89-90 points. I prefer lot 662, but 661 is very nice.

I had a CH 666 cab ($29) a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty nicely balanced, with fruit, oak and some depth.

I wanted to order some but they were sold out.

Order the 662 or 664.

I found 663 and 664 to be very good; both spoke to me of high end Napa Cabernet. Lot 665 is just OK.