TN: Three Dolcetti

THREE DOLCETTI - (10/11/2018)

• 2016 Roagna Dolcetto d’Alba - Italy, Piedmont, Alba, Dolcetto d’Alba
    While I like Dolcetto, I rarely find them to be exciting or complex. This one is pretty good and interesting to me. The wine smells nice but it is hard to describe. Light bodied and fresh, tangy darker toned fruits with light accents of fall spice and orange rind. A nice companion at the table.
  • 2013 Fratelli Brovia Dolcetto d’Alba Vignavillej - Italy, Piedmont, Alba, Dolcetto d’Alba
    The most tannic of the three Dolcetti tonight, though they are still light and fine. Slightly darker toned fruit than the Roagna, hints of licorice. A hint of bitterness on the finish. Probably the most simple of the three tonight.
  • 2007 Bruno Giacosa Dolcetto d’Alba - Italy, Piedmont, Alba, Dolcetto d’Alba
    The texture of this wine was very interesting, and probably the softest and silkiest that I can ever recall tasting. Cushion-y and pillow-y kept coming to mind. Beautiful texture.

Darker toned fruits with pretty good acidity and aged flavors that remind me of some the recent 40 and 50 year old Borgogno Baroli I have had. Like some blend of caramel, soy and balsamic, possibly.

This wine was probably meant to be consumed much earlier but this was still enjoyable and interesting.

Now you’ve got to follow that up with notes on three Barbareschi followed by a trio of Baroli. :wine_glass:

Bob, don’t forget the Brunelli!

I’m serving some Napi and Sonomi this weekend.

At least one of which should be this one:
A150790D-F4C0-4074-876A-8777A2CA5F62.jpeg

Chris, I like it!