TN: 2009 DeBiase Pinot Noir Fritschen Vineyard

2009 DeBiase Pinot Noir Fritschen Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (10/7/2018)
Several years ago I grabbed a few bottles of this to see what Tom was up to. I was smitten. Sadly that was the end. I had been looking at my remaining bottle for nearly a year, wondering when to open it. I finally broke down (like the cork!) tonight. Still showing cherry and raspberry fruit, it added a hint of turned earth and light herb. Soft and approachable on the palate, it still had significant depth, and a long, fruity finish, with a balancing structure. It was in a word, lovely. I am sad there is no more.

Posted from CellarTracker

FYI - there are 28 bottles of this on Winebid this week. You don’t have to be sad anymore! Just leave a couple for me…

Nope. I do not do auctions.

Too bad. I think it’s worth a shot for $20/btl (+17% buyer’s premium).

Picked one of these up from WineBid. Did not disappoint!

2009 DeBiase Pinot Noir Fritschen Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (11/17/2018)
This was lovely and drinking wonderfully right now. RIESLINGFAN’s note captures it very well for me. Did notice just a little heat, though it did not detract much. There is a lot of exuberant fruit here but with acidic and tannic structure that frames it nicely. Definitely in the new world camp. Should be a real crowd-pleaser and a would be a very good match with Thanksgiving fare. (91 pts.)

I’m going to pick up a few of the remaining 27 bottles on WineBid. Too good to pass up at $20/btl.

Glad you enjoyed it!

I got 6 on Winebid. Anxiously waiting for them to arrive.