Thread deleted

Deleted obviously i should not have posted it

Volumes as well as quality may be challenged on the North Coast. I’ll be slimming down a bit across the board .

Maybe this will play well into my intent to reduce my purchases.

I barrel tasted a 17 or two that was picked after the fire and there was zero dip in quality. I don’t think the negative effects will be as bad as people may have thought.

I’ll avoid Rombauer, Caymus, the Prisoner and probably a few others.

You’re overstocked on those, right?

I’ll avoid anything that requires extended aging.I hope to extend my aging, but the confidence level falls off rapidly approaching and passing twenty years.

Even so, I would be concerned about losing the allocations.

I went heavier on 2016 North Coast wines (Napa cab, Sonoma PN, etc) in anticipation of going light in 2017.

Thread doesn’t seem deleted to me. But what do I know?

bump

Ba da bump

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=889339#p889339

I have a lovely 2017 in barrel. 4 barrels, to be exact. I don’t know why the yield was so small. It was in the fermentation tank a month before the fires, but I had my first stuck fermentation. Under Police and Fire Firefighter’s guidance, my cellar crew re-started this vintage, finished it, and I love it. 15.1% ABV - not the typical Black Cat ABV.

I was under mandatory evacuation because of the fires - out of home, vineyard, winery cellar, office for a solid 6 days. The shock and horror lasted much longer than that. HUGE thanks to the cellar staff for working so hard at this - it would have been easy for them to walk away. Upon tasting with some others, it does no exude excessive alcohol in any way.

This post is by Merrill the Grower/Owner/Winemaker/Producer. EMH all the way. This is not a personal post, as in the MLB thread.

Anyone care to give us some basic details of the original thread? Not to stir things up, but it’s obviously gotten some play here.

Thanks.

Alan obviously said something inflammatory.

Define ‘inflammatory’ champagne.gif [wow.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

Posting something? neener

Larry

People like GregT, AlexS, ERpark etc like to make fun of my threads, its easier to delete than try and have a sensible thread with these guys.

I think he was asking if there were specific producers to avoid in 2017 due to smoke taint.

And that is inflammatory? Good Lord, seems reasonable to me.