Low smell dishwasher soap?

Lets assume (1) I don’t want to hand wash, and (2) I want to wash normal wineglasses with other dishes.

What is a good dishwasher liquid/soap/pod, that doesn’t result in strong smelling glassware and dishes? I hate having to rinse the perfume smell out of the my glasses.

Thanks!

Seventh Generation makes an unscented dish soap that works pretty well.

Second the unscented Seventh Generation pods, I think they’re called Free & Clear.

+2

Wash stems in a separate cycle with a scoop of citric acid. Also cleans your dishwasher.

Any natural, unscented soap should work fine. If you’re running a wash of glasses only, don’t use pods, but rather get powder or gel and don’t fill the compartment that closes for the main wash. That way you get extra rinsing. Even with other dishes in there, I only put a small amount in that compartment to be sure everything rinses very well. The key is natural, unscented soap. Seventh Generation is the most widely distributed. Any other brand you find should work fine too. I like the ones that list their ingredients so I know they’re not putting anything weird that might not rinse off easily in there.

Eric - I don’t know what you’re using but having aromas from the soap on your glasses isn’t the only problem. You shouldn’t have ANY aromas left on your dishes from the soap - I wouldn’t want it in my coffee or with my fish any more than with my wine.

+3 no need for separate wash either