TN: 2016 Andrew Will Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley

2016 Andrew Will Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (10/4/2018)
Day 1: Had to try this as it is $23.99 on sale at South Lyndale Liquors. Very much Old World/Left Bank. Tobacco, black licorice, gravel, plum and cherry. Really nice floral notes on the finish of this wine. Firm tannins at the moment but does not detract the other flavors from pulling through. I sold out the 2014 with my reviews but hopefully there will be some 2016s left after posting this! 92 points
Day 2: This is very similar to the experience I had on day 2 with the 2014 vintage. Nice spices, red currants but a green streak I am not loving. While the decline is not as sharp this wine lacks the concentration and enjoyment of day 1. As some have noted on WB this is typical of Andrew Will Cabernets from Columbia Valley. 88 points
Recommendation: I would cellar these for a few years and pop and pour and consume the whole bottle on day 1. I will have to try some of their more expensive offerings to see if this is a trend with them too. (92 points)