Michigan open for business!!

Friday court ruling directed the state to allow out-of-state retailers to ship wine to Michigan consumers.
K & L, re-open my account!:smile::+1:t3:

Aw crap.

and Illinois going the opposite direction

Are we in the same district ?

As if I need another reason to get outta this ILL stateā€¦

Wow do I need to retire back to where I am fromā€¦GB? [wow.gif]

Cheers,
JP

Nope. Not even in the same circuit

I donā€™t think it is going to be this easy. My concern has always been that a case would be brought, MI would lose on the basis of discrimination/interstate commerce clause as they did in the Granholm Vs. Heald case. MI would appeal, lose again, and in response, they would simply say ā€œNo retailer can ship anywhere in MI, whether they are located in MI or notā€ thus they are not discriminating and they protect the three-tier fiefdom. ***Please note, I am not an attorney nor do I play one on TV.

I just donā€™t see the MI distributors/retailers rolling over that easilyā€¦but man do I hope Iā€™m wrong.

Thereā€™s another active thread on this with more analysis: Supreme Ct to hear another wine shipping case - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

bump/merge em upā€™

Whats happening in Illinois, not seen any difference yet

Hoorayā€¦ the protectionist wine distributorships in Michigan took it on the chinā€¦

Spectator has an excellent articleā€¦Michigan Court Overturns Ban on Wine Retailer Direct Shipping | Wine Spectator

The other thread has a bunch of whiney bloggers spoutin offā€¦