2015 Emmanuel Rouget Savigny-lès-Beaune

• 2015 Emmanuel Rouget Savigny-lès-Beaune - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Savigny-lès-Beaune (9/30/2018)

Explosive aromas of red cherry and rich black fruit, velvet and elegant tannins on the palate, with an ample core of sapid, succulent fruit (91 pts.)

… 2015 reds a great year for regional and villages appelations !!

Posted from CellarTracker

i drank this back in july and it was very open however i was disappointed with how overly polished it tasted. maybe just the ripe fruit casting a shadow over the other aspects?

The sappy vitality lends to friendly immediacy, but should keep well and finally show terroir!

Independently from whether it is good or not, I think it’s a great evolution that top red winemakers are expanding beyond the standard village of VR, CM, GC etc and venture out into the surrounding villages which should have an impact on the pricing (hopefully) - what is the price of this wine?

In the States, high, if you can find it. Looks to be between $70 and $100 in Europe. One retailer in the states has one vintage (2009) and they want $185/btl, which is more than a little bit insane

OK…I would have thought around $50…but still, there seems to be an evolution with reputable winemakers venturing out into lesser known terroirs (Savigny, Fixin, Marsannay). But I guess we shouldn’t be too optimistic about pricing then.

Holy crap! [swoon.gif]

In Europe around 85+ …
(I don´t know this vintage)

Rougets wines are developing beautifully - the 2015s are babies … so I would not draw conclusions from (now) lacking complexity …
However, it´s a Village wine, so usually not as complex as better sites …

i paid about 50 euro for it at a shop in beaune (of which i can’t recall the name). it was a fair value, but to be honest i preferred the simon bize slb les bourgeots 2015 i sampled by the glass at la dilettante.