Melinda’s 50th Celebration

Wonderful weekend of friends, food & wine took place in celebration of my wife’s 50th. This culminated with a catered dinner by Trellis: Curated Wine Dinners and this was an artful, well-paced, truly excellent meal. The wines came from my cellar with their staff making a request for Oregon Pinot Gris to go with squash & ricotta fritters. The rest of the courses were created around wines we just wanted to serve on this occasion.

For me the apex of the event was the corn sformato with 02 Raveneau Montée de Tonnerre, others said it was the birth-year López de Heredia Gran Riserva bottles and duck gnocchi or the 2010 (son’s birth-year) Napa Cabs with the exquisite short rib preparation. The friends attending all made the event and celebration truly memorable.
AD4C8678-A6E1-4224-9DC6-166F8073262A.jpeg

Doc is back! Miss your more frequent posting, buddy. Sounds like a wonderful night. Happy bday to your better half.

Good for you Happy Birthday Melinda!!!

Here’s a close-up of the menu man.
31A3B6BD-28D7-4552-BED1-F559BA273377.jpeg

Looks like a great celebration! Happy birthday to your wife.

Thank you Nola! Those 68 Spanish wines both showed so very well.

Thanks Jay!

Viva España!!!

Did my girl Mochi enjoy the wines?

Nice job Doc! And happy bday Mel! Where’s the 3L? [wink.gif]

She did! You’ll have to ask what was her favorite.

I’ll try to get a photo up soon Buzz. That 1993 Jadot Hospice was the backbone of this weekend’s wines!

how about a tn on the macdonald please?

Happy and Healthy Birthday to your wife. May you do this with her again in ten and twenty and thirty years.

Awesome buddy - sounds like an amazing day! Happy Bday to your wife and heres to many, many more!

Awesome!!! Menu sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing Glenn! And a very happy birthday to Melinda from Jill and I! champagne.gif

awesome everything. Happy Birthday Melinda!

Mazel tov! Sounds like a great event

Obviously it was very fine indeed. We uncorked both Cabs ~ 24H early and poured off into the mid-shoulder.

I thought the wine was very balanced and elegant, especially in contrast with the Materium. Maybach took another day open to really mellow out, terrific by lunch Sunday.

MacDonald is truly old-school Napa done with élan.

thank u sir [cheers.gif]