Super Mâconnais

Creepy label, sort of Teletubbies meets Three Stooges.

So, how was the wine?

Powerful and complex aromas, concentrated on the palate with ripe pear, peach, spices and creamy richness. Really interesting and quite special!

Posted from CellarTracker

Btw the Desjourneys Saint-Véran 2015 was more focused and mineral and the label cheerful! [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the note. Will try to find that locally to give it a go. I’m a big fan of André Bonhomme’s Viré Clessé stuff and think that Macon is so under rated as a whole.

any aging potential?
i have a single bottle of st veran i need to sample soon to see if i should stock up

thx Barry , will look to see if the Pouilly and Saint Veran are available locally…
Elliot: will also look for the Vire Clesse …Am always looking for Macon whites that I haven’t tried before …

Hmm. Only had Beaujolais reds. Didn’t know there were Mâconnais whites. Intriguing.

Keep a look out for the Les Pierres Blanches, Cuvee Speciale, and V.V. bottlings. The first being my personal favorite. As far as aging goes I feel like they are best drunk between 4 and 8 years of age, but I haven’t had any older examples to show me where they end up past that so I’ll defer to someone else on that one.

Isn’t this producer a distributor turned winemaker? My guess is that he buys the grapes en négoce, but I could be wrong. The beaujolais I have tried were pretty good, although not typical.

Some of the best wines being made in the Mâconnais. Fabien is the distributor of Coche-Dury and Ente, and has picked up a few tricks over the years.

Yes an excellent source and well worth exploring | If you like freshness, vibrancy and energy drink it now !!