TN: Trimbach Riesling 2008, Cuvee Frédéric Emile

Based on a thread on 2010 and seeing a blip in there from Alan W. about the 2008, I grabbed a 6-pack. Opened 2 hours before consuming and dumped in decanter while we got sushi.

Great aromatics, with peaches, lychi and bruised yellow apple, palate has plus acidity and secondary aromas of yellow flowers, marzipan and lemon zest. Great young version of CFE, well worth searching out.

May grab the rest. Thanks Alan.

** I sold Trimbach til Sept. 15th, but no longer.

Normal cork in that one?

did my order make it under the wire?

Yes.

It did not. May try to get the rest from new wholesaler.

2008 Trimbach Riesling Cuvée Frédéric Emile - France, Alsace (12/15/2018)
Lots of hype and expectations that were easily met if not exceeded. It’s been some time since I have had a Riesling that has this level of dryness and razor sharp acidity, but also contained restraint with a slick precision that glided like Snoopy skating on the ice pond in a Charlie Browns XMAS. I would loved to have decanted this as a stony / quartz quality emerged with air time in the glass; again the precision and consistency throughout was impressive, culminating with strong, layered finish that had just a touch of flint that sealed the deal. I rarely purchase more than three bottles due to storage limitations, but this will bec an exception as I am going back for more. (94 points)

It’s a great CFE.

The best

Anne was just here a month or so ago, so I got my bottles signed. Strong wine.

it has impressed me like no other since 01 375eme. Glad all of you have enjoyed it.

I haven’t kept up with CFEs since my last major purchase of 2005s, but this thread in making me re-think about pursuing the vintage. I’m curious, what’s with the cork question?

08 is one of the least expensive FEs available per wine-searcher pro and a real value at $46.95 with newer vintages approaching $70. Don’t hesitate.

FOMO has to grab some!

had to google that one.

Had it yesterday, the nose is remarkable blast of petrol with yellow and white flowers. The texture was excellent, however the mid palate with thin. It is interesting to compare the evolution with what I had last summer. The minerality and sharpness was traded for more complex nose and thicker texture.

I preferred the earlier steely version, I am beginning to like my whites little younger.

Just bought 6.

try one and let us know.

I acquired some on Alan’s recommendation and opened one a few weeks ago. It was drunk over two days and I found it to be exceptional. A very different experience than I had with the 2005 a few years ago: 2005 Trimbach Cuvée Emile: Unforgiving! - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

The 2005 is a rather…umm…quirky CFE.