What do I have here? AR Valdespino signature series 3 ‘Cream Petra’?

I was helping my dad pull some wine out of his passive cellar and into a new unit he bought from costco - and this bottle puzzled me a bit. Obviously its Sherry, and the label states that 70 cases were made and its a 107 years old. Some searching led to the series 3 ‘Oloroso Del Ingles’ which is quite rare and valuable it would seem, but I cannot find anything on Series 3 ‘Very Old Cream Petra.

Any additional info would be fun to learn and thanks in advance!

Got a photo of it?

I’ll take a picture and post it tomorrow.

Do you know much about Valdespino?

They are possibly the most important Sherry house there is. They basically have 2 of the 5 most prestigious vineyards in all of Spain and are amazing.

I know this doesn’t help you with specifics but it sounds like you have a one of a kind sherry on your hands…

IMG_0039 (002).jpg
IMG_0040 (002).jpg

Sorry it took me a bit to figure out posting pics with the new software.

Jason, I know next to nothing about Sherry, but thank you for the info - so safe to say this is very likely a special bottle from a bench mark producer - and we should treat it as such when we try it (Xmas Day or something along those lines.

If you can’t read the bottle - it states this wine was presented at the Spanish National Wine Exhibition of 1871 - Don Sebastian named it Petra in honor of his new bride - and laid down 12 casks which yielded 70 cases of this particular wine. In further talking with the Old Man last night, we figure he purchased it in 85-86 and he thinks he paid around $80 for it at the time - which would have been alot of money for him and 100 percent guarantee he didn’t tell mom about this one. :slight_smile:

No idea - but I bet it’s great!

You could try the importer: http://www.jackpoust.com/