Are you waiting for shipping season to start?

Perhaps a bit too warm, still.

thumbnail.png

It is still in the low 90’s here, with a heat index over 100. I am not sure I will see shipping season before mid November.

I had an shipment from NY to DC. Temps were iffy on day one but yesterday it was pretty cool, so its ok. Wasnt thrilled that they shipped on Wednesday in NY, but its probably fine.

In that case, based on the forecast map above, shipping to or from the West Coast seems worth delaying.

I am not waiting for shipping season to start. Already have too much wine that won’t be ready to drink for years to decades, and every time shipping season comes, I end up paying more for storage. . Down with Shipping Season! [truce.gif]

This. Only I do not have offsite storage so I have to cram more bottles into a cellar that is already too full.

It’s nearly always shipping season in the Bay Area neener

e: from Irvine to the Bay Area is another matter of course

Still a little early in the season for cross country shipping but there were a couple of windows this past week with highs well under 70 which allowed for some metro area deliveries. Next week is looking a little warmer here so I will likely wait until the following week (or later) before resuming b/c it does not make sense to intentionally choose to cook your wines [snort.gif]

Elected for Fedex Cold Chain on a recent order. Didn’t know they would deliver to my door. [wow.gif]

want some help with that?

No. Wife gonna kill me. Like sitting on death row.

I usually wait until the last week of October or the first week of November.

Not waiting for shipping season and apparently neither are many others. I ordered some wine a couple weeks ago and asked that they hold it until November.

Showed up last week. Shipped across the country.

What’s shipping season?

You can do the heavy lifting for me. And we can always open a bottle or three.

NY>DC is an overnight, and you can pick a day certain and be confident that you’ll be ok. CA>DC has to wait until November. Period. I start contacting folks around Halloween to make arrangements.

Wednesday was around 70, so not bad to ship. [cheers.gif]

One winery shipped on Friday (???) for delivery next Wednesday. Next week in the 80’s all week. Sigh.

I got notified of a shipment yesterday. Coming to the East Coast on a refrigerated truck. No problemo.

This,…and squeezing them in between travels.

Envoyer is going to ship for me on Monday or Tuesday about four cases. I am in Portland, so it looks to be good. I try to break my deliveres into 2-3 different weeks before winter.