How The Other Half Lives....

Interesting article in today’s SFChron about SanAntonio Spurs coach GregPopovich has his “dream cellar”
for sale for 4.5M$:
Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich Selling a 'Dream' Wine Cellar Along With Mansion.

Ohhh…and by the way…it has an " 8,700-square-foot mansion attached to it". Glad to see Greg has his priorities right!!
Didn’t realize he was a co-owner of A to Z WineWorks.
Tom

I have never understood having a table in the cellar. Why would you want to sit in a 55 deg room? I get the idea of having an area to decant wine, but does anyone ever use the tables in their cellar to sit around drinking?

I can see if you’re living in SoTex, a 55 degree room might have some attraction. [snort.gif]
I’ve a good SantaFe friend who has a table in his wine cellar and our BacchusBadBoys group meets once a month
gathered around that table. So they do have their usese I suppose.
Tom

As a die hard Spurs fan, I desperately want to buy some of the bottles from his cellar. If anyone has any contacts…

We did this regularly at Chelsea Wine Storage in NYC before this year.

It’s fun.

We have a stand around table.

Well, most of us would have to find a way to expand the cellar.

Could it be converted to double deep or maybe lofted?

As for the rest of the house, is one required to use an 18 inch cue at that cute teeny little pool table-like thing?

And the kitchen, wow, is that how he keeps wine ready to pour?

[stirthepothal.gif]

Quite the triangular-looking room!

(Bad pictures all-around.)

I was lucky enough to be invited to a party at Pop’s neighbor’s mansion a few years ago. It was a Kentucky Derby party; the guy owns horses. All the men wore blazers and the women wore big hats. Mucho fine wine was poured. The fellow mentioned Pop’s cellar. He was invited to the party but was travelling with the Spurs during the playoffs. Other neighbors include George Strait and the Admiral, David Robinson (former Spur).

He’s obviously just allowing the sediment to fall to the bottom before he pops those exquisite bottles.

But really, not a particularly appealing 8,700 foot mansion, probably in Champions in SA which is a nice area with land and views.

I thought this was going to be a nucular thread…

Doubt the wine is for sale. At least I did not see that in the article.

It’s gated Texas. Tells you all you need to know. pileon

Whoa. Slow you roll there champ. You’re hitting me close to home! Literally…I lived in a gated community in San Antonio in a modest, but lovely, house for 7 years growing up.

Indeed. My ranch partner has a big table in the cellar where we keep a leg of Jamon Iberico at all times to gather and listen to tunes.

I’ve served him wine a few times over the years and he always drank Oregon Pinot, didn’t know he was a part owner of A to Z though…

i thought the same. after the cellar, the weight room was the next most appealing room in the house to me.

That is the epitome of what I think of as oenophilia.

Indeed. Some of the nicest wine experiences I’ve ever had, provided you had a fleece or a sweater. Don’t know how I survived in this pic with my sleeves rolled up.
P1000471.JPG

What metric exactly are we using to determine the two halves?