TN: 1999 Dom. Michel Juillot Corton-Perrieres (spelling corrected - damn spell check!)

TN: 1999 Dom. Michel Juillot Corton-Perrieres. This is just a lovely, old school Corton that is only just in sight of it’s drinking window. I had one a couple of years ago that was largely a waste / not near ready. Anyway, this is very light on its feet and elegant for a Corton with some spice and a slight menthol hint, for lack of a better descriptor. Pretty. Somewhat crunchy. I’d give it five more years and hope for a blossoming, though this will always be on the light side - and not so much the worse for it, frankly. Would be super with a roast chicken. $48 a few years back. 90(+) points.

Thoughts on this producer?

At three hours of air, very mineral and pure. 91(+). Clearly not a Burg for everyone, but I wish I had a few more to try again in five and then 10 years.

I’ve got a couple of these, and wasn’t planning on opening the first one for 10 years. IME, good Corton really needs some serious time. Also a few of the 96. You may have grabbed them the same place I did – HDH?

Yes. The 99 is much nicer than the 96, at least from my one comparison. I would let them sleep for sure.