TN: 2012 Caprili Brunello di Montalcino

• 2012 Caprili Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (9/22/2018)
    Having had the Rosso dM many times over the last couple of years, I was really looking forward to seeing what the big boy brought to the table. Decanted 1 hr. At first, this came across as very plush and just a tad simple, but airtime really brought this into focus. While the fruit carried its generous display of plush strawberry pleasantries, the traction with air saw the introduction of drizzled balsamic, cool mint leave and some earthy things. And of course, more than sound acidity, and any wood treatment was so far in the back ground I never gave it a thought. This seems to be drinking very well at present, and from reading the various scuttlebutt on the next vintage (2013) that might the vintage to lay down for a longer spell as this seems to be pretty open for business today. Excellent BdM (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note. I like this producer quite a bit and visited a few years back; beautiful vineyards. A bottle of the '07 Brunello I opened a couple of months ago was singing.

My wife and I were in Tuscany for a month last year (May/June). We had a villa just North of Montepulciano. We visited many wineries in Chianti, Montepulciano, and Montalcino. Great experience, highly recommended! Personal favorites from each region included:

Chianti: Felsina, Fontodi, Montecalvi
Montepulciano: Poliziano, Boscarelli
Montalcino: Casanova di Neri, Uccilliera, Altesino, Caprili, Banfi

So many good wines!