Sandlands Kirschenmann!

From Tegan’s Instagram:
64BAAF33-829B-415A-942D-2373B2C55D9E.jpeg

DUDE

redonk stoked

In for a barrel

Not quite sure what I’m looking at… [wow.gif] [scratch.gif]

Its a video on Instagram, and I believe its the juice dripping out of the press.

Oh, hell yes!

What is Kirschenmann?

Kirschenmann is an old vine vineyard located in Lodi, CA that’s owned by Tegan Passalacqua of Sandlands & Turley fame.

It’s significant since it’s the first Zin being made under Tegan’s own label. He’s not beholden to the Turley style.

Will be VERY interesting to see the difference.

Or, apparently, a noncompete.

I thought (or perhaps just assumed) that he had one and therefore, made no zin. Super excited to see what he makes – his style, his label, his vineyard. [training.gif]

Tegan has said in the past that he was not making zin in his own project to avoid creating a conflict of interest. It would appear that he has either worked something out with the Turley folks or is now going fully out on his own.

I’m guessing the Sandlands KMann Zin will be inbetween the translucent lighter bodied style of the Arnot Roberts, and the more liqueured bramble fruited style of Turley.
Really looking forward to this!!
Wish Tegan posted here…he has a lot of fans! grouphug

Probably doesn’t post because he wants to keep 'em [wink.gif] [berserker.gif]

BTW, he has posted here, just not often. But when Tegan started a thread about how good 2014was in Etna, I was paying close attention.