TN: 2015 Albert Boxler Riesling Reserve (France, Alsace)

2015 Albert Boxler Riesling Reserve - France, Alsace (9/19/2018)
I don’t have a lot of information about 2015 in Alsace, but if this bottle is an indication, then it’s a riper but balanced year. This wine in particular showed good tree fruit (apple, peach) and a sweetness level that was noticeable but not at all distracting. It added an additional touch of richness to the palate impression.

Posted from CellarTracker

I always love what I consider to be the understated elegance in all of Boxler’s wines. A recent 2016 “humble” Pinot Blanc was lovely. Last year, BeauneHead opened a 98 Sommerberg Ries for our dinner in Philly that was sensational and one of the best wines of my east coast trip.

"1998 Boxler Sommerberg Grand Cru Ries

A heavenly dazzler dans le nez. Smells of the Alsatian mountainside–honey and lilac and star fruit and apple. I adore wines which can take me to remembered places. Even more of that on the palate, this is a beautiful, gorgeous wine. A ballerina with all the sparkles. Lime, star fruit, it has suave and forever length. Very firmly my WOTN, probably a 92 or so."

Also, a 12 Sommerberg opened on my California trip in July:

“I normally wouldn’t open a Boxler for 10 years from the vintage date, but 2012 was a riper vintage and this bottle also was singing from the get-go. Aromas of Fuji apple, sweet lime and mineral, the palate is open but wonderfully racy with replays. Delicious Ries.”

David, the 2015 vintage when I tasted there last year mostly showed very good intensity and a definite but controlled ripeness

Kwa heri

Mike