Hypothetical: If you're hosting a bunch of Berserkers...

Let’s say, hypothetically, if you’re hosting a bunch of berserkers at your house, what kind of food and wine setup would you lay out to prime the pump and get things going, and to feed your guests? Aside from dessert.

Is some form of red meat kind of a given, or is roast chicken or something lighter preferred? Champagne is obvious, but do you pull wines to your taste or a smattering of things along a spectrum?

Chicken is for losers. Y’all in Texas eat real meat, right? All Cab and Syrah is what I imagine…

and, um, bbq?

Already doing BBQ night 1! This is night 2, brochacho. More beef sounds like a strong suggestion.

Seems like the perfect way for me to get rid of all of those bottles I bought because I read a great tasting note here. neener

I thought this was going a different direction. My answer was going to be put paper and plastic down throughout the house, hide the women and children, and keep weapons handy for crowd control. All those things have been useful at other berserker gatherings.

As soon as we know the ‘hypothetical’ menu, I’ll know what wine to bring, hypothetically

Between the food and the wine, which is more important? Let that one guide the other.

But always Bread. And Water.

The answer kind of depends, is Landreth gonna be there?

Would it be out of line to request tofu please? How about vegan cheese?

TIA

Gourmet, delicious pizza!

Smattering just looks like you’re trying to get rid of wine. But if you have waxy white rhones jorge wants them

You know he does.

How about pizza with pineapple and ham?

Having hosted several larger events than you are planning, I have preferred a family style setting:

Cheese/Charcuterie/Fruit Platter for grazing when folks arrive with bubbles and crisp whites

For ‘main’ large cuts of beef and lamb cooked to temp and then sliced for individual portions on the main table with a couple pre-prepped sides

Plan on a quick cook for chicken and/or salmon for those that aren’t fond of red meat

Plan on a general theme of big Napa cabs, right bank BDX, etc. Try not to pin it down to a single vineyard vertical or a esoteric horizontal that few can contribute to.

No mention of small plates? [stirthepothal.gif]

Cheese selections
Cuban Cigars !

You aren’t just “a” man, you are “the” man.

Pork & Pinot

Shouldn’t this be in the offline section so we can all participate

It is

It’s a hypothetical so it should be in the Hypothetical Offline Planner