Sleight of Hand

I have never tasted a Sleight of Hand wine. Seems like their price point is solid what do Berserkers think of the wines?

They have a pretty diverse portfolio. The psychedelic syrah is their best offering in my opinion. A great wine.

First post to WB but had to respond because I like these guys so much. I’ve tasted virtually everything they produce over multiple vintages. Very solid and definitely worth looking into.

Love their Levitation syrah and the funkadelic syrah but I’ve got a huge soft spot for WW syrah, especially for the Rocks. The “For those who love the rocks” club membership is a no brainer if you like WW or savory syrah. TNs from 09 funkadelic tasted 8/18 blind at Tom Hill’s: Very funky aromatics, classic rocks blood, soy, dust, thyme, iron, iodine, fruit fairly muted, very espresso, everyone seemed to like it a lot. 4+(out of 5).

I’d add that their lower end stuff is also really good for its QPR. The conjurer red and the chard are both very good with respect to price and the riesling is one of the best and closest to German of anything coming out of WA imho.

Trey and Co. do a great job at every price point. I’d suggest working your way up to Archimage, but they all offer good value.

caveat: I consider Trey (owner) and Keith (winemaker) friends.

Sleight of Hand makes very compelling and interesting wines. Their higher end reds would be a little to the “riper” end of the spectrum (meaning riper fruit), but they still have a lot of good structure and acid, as well as a lot of subtlety and nuance. Their Riesling, rose, Chardonnay, and Conjurer are all really good wines, and good values for their price points. They have a very unique tasting experience (busy times can turn into a bit of a party), but the people at Sleight of Hand are some of the most genuine and welcoming I’ve encountered in wine country (both Walla Walla and Willamette).

I’d say if you like Washington wine in the mold of Mark Ryan, Waters, Matthews etc. they’re a solid choice. They’re very much like many of the second generation of winemakers in the state that see less oak influence than say Betz, Fidelitas, Dunham, Va Piano etc. and are more approachable when young but still very seriously made wines. They hit all the classic WA notes: dusty, ripe bordeaux blends, syrah that is more black fruited. Though they’re billed as sort of fun from a design standpoint, I don’t really consider them stylistically part of that new wave that includes Latta, Kerloo, (recent releases from) K, Rotie, etc, though they DO make a couple rocks syrahs that I think are their best bottles. Their bdx variety wines show decent restraint for WA and their riesling, while nothing like something you’d get from Australia or Germany, is quaffable enough on a sunny day and is relatively affordable.

Excellent. I will have to purchase some of their wines.

SofH is awesome and one of my very favorite WW producers. Great tasting room too.

I agree with others recommending their syrahs–I also wanted to plug the Sorceress grenache, which I think is dynamite.