New Coravin - "Model 11" $1000

Whose buying?

Coravin rep just stopped by to show me the new model and wow its impressive.

• Bluetooth and battery operated
  • Uses an app to monitor pour size, speed, gas levels, and # of inserts.
  • Faster pouring speed
  • $1000 [snort.gif]

“Use the Coravin Moments app to pair with your favorite food, music, movies etc.”

Gag me.

Too rich for my blood!

It’s not April 1 yet

Where is the padded safety bag?

I dont have nice enough wine to preserve to justify this cost.

Cool concept. Stupid price. I’ll take a dozen

Might be targeting wine bars and restaurants who don’t want to buy dedicated wine dispensers for 6 or 8 bottles.

WineKeeper Napa 8 Bottle (Mahogany) #7996
Our entry level refrigerated dispenser with wood façade gives the impression of a full… read more
Capacity: 8 bottles on tap, 2 storage bottles per faucet

Size: 37 5/8w x 18 1/2d x 24 5/8h (in)

Weight: 140 lb

Price: $2,775.00

They are reaching at this point to introduce new features to increase the cost= higher profit margin. I’ve had the 2nd iteration for several years now and it suits me just fine.

Yeah the cartridge refills are slightly annoyingly pricey but it is what it is. It’s a nice product and it does its job well, but I have zero desire in upgrading for a G++…

I agree.

If anyone is looking for a good time to buy this Black Friday they will be offering a Coravin with 4 capsules and a stand for $199.

I ended up snagging one last year for $175. champagne.gif

I like Coravin - as a relative newbie it’s helped sample more wines. But this model looks/functions nearly identically to previous versions. Agree that $1000 is a stupid price.

I have a lot of wine that I’d like to sample in small amounts and I think it’s a cool idea, but I’m not comfortable with $200 to start with the added price of capsules it’s just not worth it to me for my home. I can see how restaurants could really benefit from something like this, but not at THAT new price.

There is another consideration, the cartridges. There are some people who figured out how to utilize other cartridges at one third the cost. We don’t use our Coravin as often as a restaurant, tasting room or dedicated wine bar, but we generate a pile of them and order them in bulk to reduce the cost.

Personally, I think the Coravin is the best tool for wine reps showing wines to retail and restaurants. Unfortunately, the major wine distributors haven’t noticed that yet and aren’t providing them to their employees. We have several reps who bought their own Coravin and cartridges to improve their sales but aren’t being compensated for their expenditures.