Best Value $100-$150 US wines

A very specific question

Which US wines jump out at this specific price point, give or take a few dollars. The first jump out to me are Saxum JBV and Macdonald top quality special wines in their regions that hold their own against anything made in that region regardless of price. Im not thinking about just very good wines, numerous Cabs jump out like Myriad, Roy Piper, Carter plus lots more but which ones are truly special.

Within that price range, below are my personal favorite Cabs.

Hewitt
Dakota Shy
Venge
Quill
Altamura

B

Maybach
Becklyn
Stone the Crows
Rivers-Marie Panek

I feel like some of the Carter wines can drink against anything out there. Same for Myriad G3/Empryan and the Dr Crane/Elysian. Scarlett Reserve also jumps out for me, as does Quivet LPV. Clearly I like a certain style of wine though.

Ridge Monte Bello futures. 2017 pricing was $124.

For some reason I recall that you may already buy this, but I also tend to think it’s not your style.

Forman Cabernet

Aged Spring Mountain Vineyards Cab from the winery for around $100-$150 depending on vintage. Those wines are under appreciated, special, and ready to drink upon purchase.

Agree with those above and in addition…In no particular order—Corison, Chateau Montelena Estate, Dunn HM, Outpost True, Bevan Ontogeny, Realm The Bard, Myriad Dr. Crane, Rudius Kaley Elizabeth

Forgetting that “value” and “$100-$150” have no right to be in the same sentence about wine…

Riverain Cabernet

Cirq!

Oxymoron ?!

Rivers Marie and Outpost…possibly Pride Reserve can be found.

It would seem that you may be looking for wines recently or currently being released, but IMHO there is no better deal than a Williams Selyem Pinot from Burt`s days= 1997 and older. Most run round the $100-150 range.

Yeah, value isn’t the right word. But, for me –

Togni
Ridge MB
Corison
Dunn HM
Mount Eden (appreciate that’s under $100)

Cab:
Macdonald (just north of 150)
Maybach
Realm the Bard
Bevan Ontogeny
Outpost
Rivers Marie
Forman

Rhone ranger:
SQN (north of 150)
Saxum
Andremily
Carlisle (south of 100)

Oops, Maybach is now up to $195

Corey

I did buy the 13 & 14 futures but after trying a couple of older bottles i realised that ill be dead by the time the 13 is ready to drink so i sold the six packs

Another wine i think can be special but does not get much love is Mondavi Reserve cab

You might want to cross off Dunn and Togni then, maybe the Forman too (haven’t had any recently).

I say this respectfully Alan, but I think you tend to prefer a more modern style than most (and that’s ok!) so if that is what you are looking for, you may want to specify.

Must be nice to be very rich. [grin.gif]