Cruse Wine Co - Fall Release

Cruse Wine Company has begun its Fall Release!!

"CRUSE WINE CO.
HARVEST 2018 RESTOCK OFFER

"2016 Evangelho Vineyard Carignan ($35.00)

"Still a little tight, highly recommend a decant. But with air, the nose has a bit of bramble character with spice and cured meats. On the palate, bright sweet cherry with darker notes of pencil lead and fireplace. An engaging mouthfeel finishes this light drinking winter red.

"2016 Rorick Vineyard Chardonnay, Sierra Foothills ($42.00)

"From the Rorick vineyard in Murphy’s. A nose of dried grass, pear, with some roasted hazelnut. The palate is bright but still with the oily mouthfeel and concentration of the site. A pure, clean, expression of site.

"2017 Sparkling Deming Valdiguié (Sold Out)

"A delicate wine with subtle potpourri notes, a strong mousse, and a pale pink color. The acid is bright and clean, with sparkling berry fruit. Delicate and slightly salty. A Pét-nat for rosé champagne lovers.

"2017 Monkey Jacket, North Coast ($25.00)

"Perfumed and floral nose, white flowers, orange blossoms and a hint of rose, Fresh, crushed red fruits on the palate, with ripe, round fresh tannins, finishing clean and bright in the mouth.

"A blend primarily composed of Valdiguié, Carignan, Tannat, and red field blend from the North Coast of California. This is an attempt to capture the vintage in a glass and show what California is exceptional at – making a high quality, engaging, wine for your table.

"Harvest is at full tilt, with our last sparkling fruit coming in on Monday. We have to admit, begrudgingly, that summer is over. We’re excited about the quality of the vintage and we’re slowly growing. So as the cellar is filling up (and UPS is running a promotion on 2-day air), we put together a small offer to make some room and celebrate the passing summer and the rising harvest.

"Special Shipping Rates:
CA orders: 6+ bottles receive complimentary shipping
Elsewhere: 2-Day Shipping
1-6 bottles $20
7-2 bottles $30

“SHIPPING: This release is open for one week, until September 21st. All orders will ship out on Monday, September 24th. Wines are sold on a first-come, first served basis.”

Cruse Wine Company website:

Ordered a few bottles of the new fall release … I’m out of space here so kept it light but I love Cruse sparklers and Monkey Jacket.

Anyone else?

1 Like

They can no longer ship to Connecticut. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

based on an instagram post from yesterday I was expecting to also get an Ultramarine Save the Date today. surprised it didnt come!

(the instagram post was Cruse editing the Ultramarine release email with the date of Sept 6th)

2 Likes

Checking back through my emails… the past two seasons the email has come the first or second week of September.

2 Likes

thanks!

I just received the release of the 2024 Demo Series from Cruse. I had signed up after having a bottle of the Tradition Rose at a restaurant, so that’s definitely on my list - any others that folks think that a first-time buyer should get? I’m focused on the sparklers principally.

2020 Alder Springs Blanc de noirs

From the high altitude vineyard of Alder Springs in the northern tip of Mendocino County, this 100% Pinot Noir is from just the coeur de cuvée press fraction. Fermented and aged in three 500L Stockinger puncheons, the wine went through its élevage under flor without topping or the addition of SO2. It has been aged 24 months in bottle and disgorged without dosage.

The resultant wine has a nose of waxy lanolin, jasmine tea, and white flowers with a hint of buttered toast and cinnamon. On the palate it is richly textured and highly mineral with a long finish of salt and leather with only the smallest amount of berry fruit to finish.

Fun to drink now, further complexity will come with additional aging.

Reserve Cask (LC19)

A bottling that consists of our perpetual cuvée reserve wine going back to 2016. A Chardonnay dominant blend, this has been in a large Stockinger cask and then aged in bottle for 24+ mos. It is bottled without dosage.

The nose is strongly dried apricot and butter toast. The palate is weighty and rich with a full mousse. Baked apple tart, and a salty, saline minerality highlight the long finish.

Try now after opening it for an hour or two in the fridge, but it will be extremely interesting to see how this develops.

2019 Traditional Method Valdiguié (Demo Series)

We have made these grapes planted in the southeast corner of Napa in 1972 into sparkling wine in the form of pét-nat before, however this is the first traditional method wine we have made from the fruit. Nearly 12 months post disgorgement has given this saignée rosé greate complexity and weight.

The color is a bright cherry red with the slightest of orange hues. The nose is bramble and raspberry jam with hints of leather, licorice candy, and butter cookies. The palate is rich fruit dressed in bright acid with excellent length. A different interpretation of what traditional method sparkling wine can be.

Some bottles show a bit of reduction so we do recommend a decant or opening a few hours before you want to enjoy and leaving the wine in the fridge.

2021 Monkey Jacket, North Coast

A departure from our previous blends, there is no dominant variety. Valdiguié now shares the table with Carignan, Petite Sirah, Mixed Reds, and Syrah. The nose is incredible, with violets, and darker red fruits. It is earthier and less green than previous iterations, more minty than sappy, and more cherry than raspberry. The palate is deeply savory with grilled notes and a bright acidity. The finish is clean and simple with more refined tannins.

2022 Sparkling St. Laurent

A happy, pale peach colored wine with a nose initially of apricots and cream. The nose is the brightest and fruitiest we’ve ever seen in this wine and further inspection reveals Linzer torte, gummy candies, and Japanese sodas. The palate is a blast of fresh fruit with loads of character. Fresh basil and cantaloupe are the primary elements, but it continues to evolve to a fresh, clean finish. A lovely sparkler that is a great introduction to the primary fruit character of PetNats; perfect for the start or end of the meal.

2021 Charles Heintz Syrah

This Syrah is from Charles Heintz vineyard in Occidental, a cool site at the extremes of ripening Syrah in western Sonoma county. The 2021 vintage created an environment for lower alcohol and lighter tannins. The nose is floral and olive toned, with hints of smoked meat, while the palate is blueberry and wet stone. This wine appreciates a chill and a hamburger.

Cruse Tradition Rose

The 2019 vintage is barrel fermented and tirage bottled. It has been aged in bottle 24 months on lees, and at least 6 months post disgorging. The dosage is a minimal 2 g/L.

The wine is a medium salmon, with a soft gentle mousse. The nose is cherry pie and berries mingled with pastry cream and wet rocks. The palate has a deep, red fruit character and weight, finishing with briny acidity.

Love the Cruse wines if I weren’t stocked up and totally out of space, I’d be gobbling up some more!

Can’t ship to Connecticut. I guess I should be secretly happy.