TN: 2008 Dom Perignon Champagne (France, Champagne)

• 2008 Dom Perignon Champagne - France, Champagne (9/15/2018)
    One of the best young Doms ever? The nose is moderately reductive, and shows quite a bit of minerality (one of the first times I’ve picked that up). There’s lean white fruit here, as well as some very pleasant floral tones. The palate is long and intense, with powerful, linear acids that drive the sweet and sour fruit to a long finish. This is not as broad and rounded as the 2002, but far more complete than the 2004. The vintage character shows fairly prominently here, as it does with the Krug 164. Fortunately, it’s a good character, so no complaints here. (93 pts.)

Thank you!

Is this available in the US yet? I haven’t seen anything pop up on Wine Searcher.

I’m told the initial release will be next week.

One of the best young Doms I’ve ever had. Acid to die for, and WOTD in a very crowded field.

any known pricing?

First offers out at $180

What is the price increase compared to DP 2009?

Still a few months away.

You can do much better than that especially for quantity.

What’s the upcharge for glow-in-the-dark Dom

Hdh and flickinger just offered a “legends” labeling of the 08 for $180.

Gonna wait for Costco and BevMo. Ha

You & everyone else. But seriously – what is a ‘good’ price here on a 6-pack? I think 09 Dom at Costco is $149.99

BevMo tends to be the cheapest for me. They run coupons all the time. Just this weekend they had a stackable coupon for local pickup that brought 09 dom to $115 and 165/166e krug for $135 AFTER tax.

I thought this was fresher than 02 on release. The 02 was definitely more round for sure.

Damn, that’s a solid deal! Havent been to Bevmo in a long time…but in gonna keep my eyes peeled for those coupons now. How often do they send them out and what was the offer (20% off, etc).

Thanks!

Was at Costco today and the 06,09 Dom has been at $139 for awhile…but today it’s at $145. So I’m guessing that’s what will be the price for 08 when it shows up. Just a guess.

Current NY wholesale is about $139 for the Legacy bottle, so unless they have lower costs, it will be north of $145.

Don’t know if the regular label, which I hear will be released Jan/Feb, will be priced lower.

If that’s the case, I wouldn’t expect anything thing south of $175 in NY on the shelf before any discounts or pre-arrival teasers.

But a version of the '08 without the special Legacy label will be coming later, no? If so, I would guess that will be priced less than the Legacy version, which I have seen around $190. May have to wait until early 2019 for the regular version though, which is no big deal.

Regular version definitely in Jan/Feb 2019. Not so sure the price will drop. Let’s hope it does.