TN: 2013 Liquid Farm Chardonnay Four (USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills)

2013 Liquid Farm Chardonnay Four - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (9/14/2018)
Light gold in color with a nose of lemon pith and tangelo. This is a fairly big and complex chard. Lush mouthfeel, lemon curd, honeysuckle, a touch of butterscotch, a bit of coconut, just a hint of baking spice, medium plus acidity and a fairly long mouth coating finish. This went great with pan seared scallops and crab cakes. (91 pts.)

You getting rain only?

Are you a stingy scorer? Your written description sounds better than 91, which I judge as a pretty good but not remarkable wine.

Just some light rain with gusty but not extreme winds but we’re just on the leading edge of it at the moment. Hopefully Flo is going to stay south of us and peter out, in the meantime this may be a good weekend to do my cellar inventory.

Bill, I am a bit tight with the points, for me anything I give over 90 but less than 95 is very good to excellent. The quality of this Liquid Farm chard was excellent but it was just a little on the fat/heavy side.

Try their White Hill. Leaner and my favorite of their Chards

David, agree with your take on the White Hill, gone thru almost a case and a half in the last year. Looking back at my CT scores, three years ago I gave the '13 and the '14 White Hill 91’s also, might be some palate shift going on here.

I recently have had a couple bottles of this wine and I am in agreement with the OP, although I might have gone one more point to 92. [cheers.gif]