HDH craziness

Took a peek at the early lots this morning. In what will surely be the first of many OMG moments, lot 229 made my jaw drop.

2 bottles 1978 Pousse d’Or “Clos des 60 Ouvrees,” estimate $550-850.

Hammer? Wait for it… $8500!

Anyone care for a $5000 bottle of well-aged Volnay?

I will say that this particular wine is the best bottle of Volnay I’ve ever drunk, so you are at least getting good wine for your money.

Yep. I stopped watching. Prices are really, really strong.

Are you sure that’s not a typo on their part? Exactly 10 times high estimate seems too much of a coincidence on top of the crazy-seeming price. Given the current environment, though, nothing is impossible.

I was thinking the same thing!

Could be a typo. If so, hasn’t been corrected yet. This is exactly the kind of very thinly traded wine that could achieve a crazy price though. Would be a world auction record for a 750 of Volnay presumably?

i was watching it live. it was pretty remarkable.

Wow.

No typo.

I did the same. Some of these prices have just gone Berserk! Missed the Pousse d’Or lot but had a watch on it because it was my birth year. I can unequivocally say it’s not worth it. Haha.

I just peaked through the sale, and didn’t see anything else out of whack like this. Prices are solid to strong, but I wouldn’t say these are crazy results so far. Anything else standing out?

I have a 5L of '72 Pousse d’or Clos de la Bousse d’Or. Sure, '72 (my birth year) isn’t '78, but burgundy insiders love it. I can find something else to drink on my 50th. :slight_smile:

Wow. No kidding.

I’m also looking at my 1993 Bousse D’Or in a new light.

6 bottles 2009 mugnier amour $8,500

6 bottles 2009 patrice rion amour $1,000

terroir matters.

The rion price is lol

Actually, the Rion price is mostly inline with a Christie’s price from a year ago.

The Mugnier is a healthy jump though, and the 2008 Mugnier is another one, but understandable given how good and tiny the production is of this wine.

2015 drc not insane.

*producer matters

HDH is a great place to sell burgundy that’s already too expensive to drink yourself.

I’ve often said I’d rather live in it than drink it.

does anyone know the price of the 1990 drc assortment pack on release?