TN: 2015 Rhys Bearwallow Vineyard Chardonnay

I can see why Frank Murray was so jazzed about this wine. From 375 - damn this is good. Pure limestone, green apple and white pear on the nose. Beautiful balance of honey, green apple and minerals on the palate. Lucious textured attack with a crisp, mineral filled finish. Drinking great right now, but no hurry.

2015 Rhys Chardonnay Bearwallow Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (2/10/2019)
– double decanted approx. 90 minutes before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over approx. 90 minutes –

NOSE: tight; lemon and orange oils; cilantro.

BODY: medium-light bodied; pale yellow color

TASTE: medium richness; high acidity; ample mineral; hint of wet cardboard (possibly slightly corked).

Adding to the chorus…my 3rd bottle to date and the best one yet. Excellent.

• 2015 Rhys Chardonnay Bearwallow Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (2/19/2019)
    Been 18 months since I had one of these…opened this last night and enjoyed a few glasses with my wife. Retasting tonight before dinner with a good stem and perfect serving temp. I do sense a little bit oak since the last bottle, as it adds a some creaminess to the core of the wine. Then, the attack of the pear and lime come bursting through, followed by a citrusy acidity and then a rain water quality. The citrus impression really persists into the finish, alongside pippin apple, anise and slate. Damn, this is excellent and packed with energy. It reminds me some of what Wells was doing with Laureles Grade chard before he left Copain. This is beautiful, crisp and spirited with the way it’s built. Should last a good while with the acidity and frame that is here and I have no guilt about drinking this now. Fantastic wine that is evolving nicely.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

2015 Rhys Chardonnay Bearwallow Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (1/27/2022)
– popped and poured –
– tasted non-blind over 2 to 3 hours –

NOSE: bright, rich, lemony Chard.; perhaps a light pineapple note; pretty expressive.

BODY: vibrant, pale yellow color; medium to medium-full bodied.

TASTE: moderately rich; little bit of oak; medium+ to high acidity; 12.6% alc. not noticeable; medium-light mineral note on the finish; drinking very nicely now, and one of the best Bearwallow Chards I’ve had.

50, 5, 12, 17, 8 = (92 pts.)

2 Likes