Martha Stoumen Fall Release

"Martha Stoumen Wines Wine Club + Fall Release

"We are so excited to announce the launch of the

"MARTHA STOUMEN WINE CLUB

"Members will receive first access to all of our wines, exclusive access to special releases, invitations to unique events, discounted shipping, and a connection to an awesome community!

"To get first access to our Fall 2018 Release, sign up for the wine club before September 13! You can pick up your wines at our Fall Party on September 23 in Sebastopol or opt for the $25 flat rate shipping.

"Not ready for the wine club yet? Don’t fret, we will release the remaining wine to the public on September 13.

"6 BOTTLES
• 6 bottles twice/year
• Not customizable
• Prices ranges from $170-$250 + tax & shipping
• Spring and Fall releases
• First access to all wines
• Exclusive access to wine club only releases
• Complimentary tickets to release parties
• Invitations to special wine club only events
• $25 flat rate shipping
• New friends!

"12 BOTTLES
• 12 bottles twice/year
• Customizable
• Prices ranges from $300-$500 + tax & shipping
• Spring and Fall releases
• First access to all wines
• Exclusive access to wine club only releases
• Complimentary tickets to release parties
• Invitations to special wine club only events
• $25 flat rate shipping
• New friends!
• LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP!

"Fall 2018 Release:

"A personal favorite, a few surprises, and a walk on the wild side…

"Try It Out (Sparkling French Colombard) 2017
Venturi Vineyard Carignan 2017
Honeymoon (65% French Colombard, 35% Roussanne) 2017
Varietally Incorrect Zinfandel 2017
Negro Amaro Rosato 2017

"The 2017 harvest was the first vintage that Martha gave 100% (or more like 200%) of herself to Martha Stoumen Wines. She was no longer working full-time at another winery and it was go time. Martha rose to the challenge, and her dedication, precision, and intuitive winemaking shine in these new releases. The Negro Amaro Rosato is Martha’s favorite wine she has made to date, French Colombard makes a few appearances and surprises us with its subtle beauty, a wild Zinfandel wows us and makes us rethink everything we know about California Zin, and Carignan dazzles us again. 2017 was a harvest full of heart, and we’re proud to say you can taste it in every bottle.

Winemaking notes from Martha:

Negro Amaro Rosato

"This wine has an autumnal thread running through it. I am transported to a rocky mediterranean coast, where fall is still warm, I can smell sea air, prickly pears heavy with ripeness, and herbs drying in the golden autumn sun. This dry farmed, head trained Negro Amaro comes from our very own ‘Benson Ranch’ and is farmed without pesticides, herbicides, or synthetic fungicides. With it’s racing acidity, concentration, and ample body, I believe the Negro Amaro Rosato will show balance and beauty at any point in its lifetime, so drink now if you’d like to experience more of its fruit, or age as you please to continue to accentuate its body.

"Try It Out, Sparkling French Colombard

"Every vintage throws its curve balls. In 2017 (and now, again, in 2018) we experienced severe wildfires. ‘Ricetti Vineyard’ was very close to the fires, and when we were able to enter the area a week after our initial pick date, I was certainly worried about smoke taint on the Colombard. But, I wasn’t going to reject grapes from a grower whose home and farm had almost been lost, the grapes from a 70-year old vineyard that survived a fire that burned all the hills surrounding. Throughout the 2017 harvest, I had been listening to an Italo-disco song ‘Try It Out’, by Gino Soccio for inspiration and energy. The lyrics are ‘Try it out/Take a chance/You can do it’. There is no way you can listen to this song and not take a step forward. So, when I told my fiancé that I was going to pick the Colombard, smokey or not, he immediately put on ‘Try it Out’ at the winery, and the name stuck. Try It Out is a pet nat, but was bottled at champagne pressure and disgorged, so it slightly more serious than some of the pet nats you’ve had. But not too serious. You’ll realize that when you listen to the song it’s named after. Oh! And spoiler alert: although the grapes were smokey, I racked the juice really clean and only took the hearts of the pressings so, no smokey sparkling, although it could have been interesting…

"Honeymoon (65% French Colombard, 35% Roussanne)

"The Honeymoon blend is built with bones. A portion of the French Colombard juice we picked in late October went into the Sparkling, but another portion was fermented in neutral barrels into a still wine and blended with neutral barrel fermented and aged Roussanne. Both components were aged on lees for 11 months. French Colombard’s mother is Chenin blanc, and the daughter has many of the mother’s characteristics. Honeymoon has great acidity, notes of honey, beeswax, and straw, and has a perfectly fleshy body considering it is under 12% alcohol.

Martha Stoumen Winery website: https://marthastoumen.com

"We’re throwing a Fall Party!
Sunday, September 23, 1-4pm
Ragle Ranch Park, Sebastopol, CA
Free for club members // $15 for non club members

“All of our wines will be available to taste and to purchase + tasty bites will be served under the redwoods! Keep an eye out for more details about the event closer to the date.”