TN: TablasCreek Picardan .'17...(short/boring)

Tried this last night:

1. TablasCreekVnyds Picardan AdelaidaDist/PasoRobles (12.5%; EB) 2017: Pale yellow color; bright floral/spicy/bit appley/almost R-like slight metallic/steely quite interesting nose; very tart/tangy/metallic bit steely light floral/R-like/appley flavor; very long tart/steely/metallic bit appley/R-like finish; quite an interesting wine; tastes more like a correct Picpoul (“lip-stinger”) than the TCV Picpoul does. $26.35 (VIN)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. This is the first release of the TCV Picardan and the first varietal Picardan I’ve ever seen from any area. Picardan is a minor grape allowed in CdP blends. It’s probably a miner grape in CdP for a reason, but not sure what that is.
    Picardan is known for its high acidity. That came thru loud & clear on this wine. It seemed leaner & more bracing than their other whites. Quite a good/interesting white from TCV.
    The TN is a little spare. I took a btl up to Taos to share w/ a few wine friends, so there was not much left when I returned home to do a TN. Will do a better job next time.
    Tom

thanks for the note Tom! Also just had this and enjoyed it (seemed akin to cross between picpoul/vermentino)