Greer

Open now.

In

in for three pack. No brainer at $525. Hope they keep the price reasonable…

In as well

1 Like

What is Greer?

1 Like

2- 3 packs.

https://www.greerwine.com

Single vineyard Rutherford CS made by Aaron Pott.

Charles, you are everywhere :slight_smile:

How much wine do they produce?

Not much. This is a blink and you will miss the offer. Looks like the vineyard is about 1/2 the size of BR Cohn (aka Scarecrow). The website has a nice schematic vineyard map to refer to. Would be nice to have one of those cadastre maps like in Burgundy to be more specific, but this is in the literal gold coast of Rutherford bench.

Hey Jeff - yes I am everywhere and I love Greer. “Greer Vineyard is a small, three acre domaine located in the heart of the Rutherford Bench (however defined). It is part of the terroir that first made Napa Valley internationally famous, and inspired André Tchelistcheff to declare “it takes Rutherford Dust to grow great Cabernet.” Our illustrious next-vine and nearby neighbors, including Scarecrow (J.J. Cohn), Staglin, and Phelps (Insignia) have burnished the credibility of his proclamation.”

~ 200 to ~ 225 cases annually is my best guess Jeff

Charles

“No brained at $525. Hope they keep the prices reasonable”

For six bottles it would be reasonable, but for three? Yeah that’s $175 per! I don’t know about that?

To chime in here, after order 3 15’s, I opened one of my 14’s, started drinking after an hour decant, and kept tasting/drinking for another 2 or 2. (Partner is down for the count, so I drank virtually the whole bottle myself.) Below is the note, but I have to say though I enjoyed the wine quite a bit, was not sure it was worth the coin. I hope the '15 takes it up a notch.

Greer 2014 Rutherford, 100% Cabernet Sauvignon 14.5%
Nose gives plum, some blueberry, black cherry?, and slight alcohol; in mouth, velvety, yet complex, transitions from linear to spherical with currants coming in as well as cedar, maybe a touch of sage; at the end just sits on the tongue, with unique taste between caramel and talc—rutherford dust?–maybe a slight bitterness at the back end comes through after time? I like this a lot—not sure I like it 175 a bottle a lot. 92, right now, if I were to give points, with some upside.

In for a 3-pack, was offered only one this morning. Is this is the vineyard brand for Pott’s retired Arsenal? If not, are they similarly styled?

just received 2019 release email:
note-$195/bottle

Vintage 2019 - Upcoming 750ml Release
I am pleased to announce the imminent release of Vintage 2019, which will be presented in two waves, the first beginning on Thursday, September 1st, and the second on Tuesday, September 6th.

1 Like

Still a purchase for me, even with the price increase ($10 from last release and $20 from previous releases).

I’ve dropped a number of higher end Napa cabs, but Greer (and Realm) remain.

One other note from the email:

Please note: We did not harvest what would have been Vintage 2020 due to fear of smoke taint. The next release, Vintage 2021, won’t occur until September 2024.