TN: 1995 Penfolds Grange (Australia, South Australia)

• 1995 Penfolds Grange - Australia, South Australia (9/3/2018)
    decanted 2 hrs thanks to previous tasting note suggestions. tasted from riedel syrah glasses… center of the dark red orange meniscus is opaque perhaps a little brown on the edge… nice legs after swirling nose first hot, then dark stone fruit, some smoke, palate the same with some dark red roses…i grow em, so i know, finish, nice 30-45 seconds. my wife, who has a wonderful palate describes the wine as powerful and elegant at the same time, but she is a Grange addict (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I had started to wonder if anyone actually drinks Grange anymore. Thanks for the note.

Thanks for the tasting note!!

That’s an expensive habit to maintain! :stuck_out_tongue:

I am so old, I can remember being able to buy Grange.

The wine world has inflated past me!

my wife and i joke…our Grange belongs to her alone and we drink it together.

I bought it all specifically for her…the rest of our wine belongs to us both

I’d drink more Penfolds but they’re just so danged expensive now – Magill & RWT used to be what, $30-$35? St. Henri, $40-$45? I remember buying 28, 128, 389, & 407 for $18-$23 all day long…hell, even Bin 707 was only like $70-$80.

One of the advantages of getting old is being able to post stuff like Grange was $40/btl when I started buying it in the '80s. I bought regularly through the 80s and 90s but quit when the price approached $200. The 1998 was my last.

funny. My wife and I have the same deal.

Anyone drinking HOG? I dont have any

+1
Actually I haven’t bought anything from Australia in at least 7-8 years.