TN: 2011 Domaine Huet Vouvray Sec Clos du Bourg (France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Vouvray)

• 2011 Domaine Huet Vouvray Sec Clos du Bourg - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Vouvray (9/3/2018)
    The nose had a slight oxidative quality that might have deterred me in the past, but a recent good run of Lopez Heredia reds have me re-thinking my opinion on this specific trait. The palate was fresh as a daisy - so this wasn’t any type of weird pre-mox or other flaws kicking, but Chenin doing its aged Chenin thing which can be a funky ride sometimes. Fresh quince and ginger augment some citrus juices, a terrific dry mineral finish. Yum. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note Dale. Not a fan of oxidative qualities, and some fairly young Hunts I’ve had exhibited them. I have a number of 2011s that I planned to drink by year end. If my bottles are like your note, perhaps I won’t be in a rush to drink them all so soon.

Scott - I’d wager decanting would have helped - this was a PNP. Had similar wine with the 07 CdB Sec - funky / weird nose but great palate. 07 Le Mont was off the charts good in all respects.