96 GC Les Clos, 1979 Beaulieu voneyards GDL Private reserve

Post Deleted

Sorry for trouble

I would guess your BV PR was real. I don’t recall them having punts.

I don’t know what kind of bottle they’re using now, but, yes, the BV Reserves used to be in unpunted bottles.

(Alan - By my reckoning, a '97 is 21 years old, not 38.)

With all due respect, you really should proof read what you write. You have people thinking that you are talking about a 1997 when I’m pretty sure you’re talking about a 1979.

Dude, I didn’t want you to take your ball and go home. But don’t you think it’s important for us to know what wine it is that you are talking about? I’m not interested in being the grammar police (except when a moderator says could care less when he really means couldn’t care less) but we can’t appreciate a tasting note without knowing what vintage the wine is. Sorry if I offended you.

Its OK

Post was written after drinking the wines, im not the best writer as everyone knows so its better to delete as im sure the haters will also find issues with the grammar and other things. Im probably better just reading posts rather than contributing as correcting me seems to be a Berserker sport and i feel like im back in school and as previously not one of the cool kids. I try and write what im thinking but it doesnt always get onto the screen in words correctly and this seems to offend a lot of people, again sorry to waste everyone’s time

Alan, keep posting and please put your post back. I saw the “1997”, looked back at the Subject, and realized you simply transposed 9 and 7. I did what made sense to me: ignored a typo. We all make them.

I personally enjoyed your note.