TN: 2014 Garnier & Fils Clos

bought on a recommendation, a producer I don’t know, it’s damn good. So tight and full of nervosité, fruit in the background, but balanced, minerally, and delicious. Don’t buy it if acid averse.

Picture taken from a distance for Buzz who found the prior wine picture too close.
D984E764-2E6F-4B03-A9D7-A99140052A52.jpeg

Good stuff. Bought some Garnier 16s, been quite impressed.

I love that table! [cheers.gif]

Put a little more wine in the glass next time! [wink.gif]

table is made of palm and resin—from Fiji. Funny story about it—they delivered it and it was broken in two—must have been dropped from the Empire State Bldg. Jagged break across top shattering it in two pieces. We of course refused delivery. A year later, after much prodding, they called to bring the replacement. Same issue but worse—dropped from Empire State and then kicked cross country and in pieces. They then refused to send a third or refund the money, saying, we’ve already sent you two tables! That week, the company was showing at a furniture show at the Anaheim Convention Center and we went and met the company president who was flabbergasted and quickly sent us a new table. One of the chairs was shattered, but he replaced it. It’s a pretty cool table, though and the story is free.

A year to bring a replacement??? Then same? Customer service priority numerol uno! [thumbs-up.gif]

I’ve been told the Clos fruit is bought from Moreau.

Damn, so much for my August buying moratorium.