Winebid 15 L 2005 D’yquem - what would u do with it

For sale at $20,000

What in the world would be a suitable occasion to justify this bottle ?

Its 24 normal bottles, lets say 12 glasses of such a sweet wine, thats 360 servings !!

Where would that many people be to appreciate it ?

Open in conjunction with Ray’s 27 Liter of 1987 Castillo Ygay, which is the only acceptable answer.

I’d sell it

wuss

I’d use the money to take math lessons. 15L is 20 btls, not 24. It’s approx. 160 3oz pours, or using your 2oz estimate, about 240, not 360.

Would you pull a Jay Hack on Park Ave?

Would you be there??

If so, I’m 100 points on that! :slight_smile:

How much does that sucker weigh ? Could you even lift it

[rofl.gif]

great wedding toast with a souvenir bottle

Imagine if that bottle turned out to be corked

I have 5x (five!) 6 Liter bottles of 2005 Climens (seriously…don’t ask why) and have no clue what to do with it :wink:

Some of us are more muscular than others. Corey, no. Me, yes, like 16 ounce curls. :wink:

Looks like someone is begging for an avatar change.

I was leaner, then! The cannons could be bigger, though.

Shit, I have a magnum of 1997 Yquem that I find daunting.

Another vote for sell it. Can’t imagine a party large enough to do it justice. And while the potential for a corked bottle is low, the consequences if it happens are too high.

I had a 6L of birth year 1989 Guiraud that my daughter wasn’t interested in serving at her wedding, so off to auction it went. She has a good palate and likes good Sauternes but specifically asked for Botega Box Malbec and Pinot Grigio because that’s what her buds like to drink and she didn’t want to appear ostentatious. So that’s what she’ll have, but she did consent to my bringing Champagne for a toast. I may bring just a bit more than necessary for a toast…

I am going to pick up a few cases of birth year Sauternes to do a wedding toast at daughter’s future wedding. Went with Sauternes because easier to age, and well… its sweet. That said, this forum has convinced me to not pick up a matching 6L birth year present as well (e.g., the same Sauternes). That, and the rapid acquisitions in my cellar that she will probably be able to enjoy one day.

Very large format Sauternes is difficult to consume. A lot of people really don’t care for dessert wine, so even if you had a large party you probably would have a tough time draining the
entire bottle.

Bruce

I have a 750ml of 05 Rieussec I’m not sure I’ll ever actually open. Can’t imagine a reason for anything larger!