Mailer/Allocation time coming again?

Isn’t September usually a crusher of a month around here for the credit card?

There is plenty of diversity of tastes around here but I know that Kutch, Pisoni estate and Switchback Ridge are all around the corner.

What else is coming soon?

Macdonald is in September. That’s the big one for me.
A

DuMol is in a few days.

September = obsessively checking my email for the Ultramarine mailer.

I feel like I blew my September budget in August already

Let’s get ready to ruuuuuuumble!!! pileon

A bunch have already happened. More coming.

Last year Macdonald hit on 9/26 and M Etain if anyone is into it, last year was 10/4. I hope they don’t increase the price on the Scarecrow.
Also looking forward soon to the 2nd release of the Little Wings Syrah. I bought it because the winery donates a huge chunk of the profit to the Newborn Intensive Care unit at Miami’s Holtz Children’s Hospital, in honor of their daughter whom they lost. I will keep buying it as the wine is darn good.

SQN just hit last week

Andremily and Ferren still to come…

I need to find a Macdonald allocation. Other than that I can’t think of anything big coming?

August is the new September.
Only obvious candidates for next month are MacDonald, TCV, and Ojai. None of these are anywhere near four figures so I’m happy.

Just received Turley and Marcassin.

Realm is coming up in a week or so.

What Eric Mueller said.

After that I plan to be done buying wine for the year. Really.

this is the time of year when I have to start thinking about saving some wine budget for shipping costs in October! Flickinger, JJbuckley, Envoyer, European Wine Resource, Benchmark, Garigiste (for the first and last time)… I’m diversified this summer unfortunately!

The acquisitions of the little guys by the big guys are saving me lots of money and September aggravation. If you get bought by Constellation or the equivalent, FORGET IT. That has already saved me thousands of dollars and will continue to save me money and mailer aggravation in the future. Even if it doesn’t change the wine, the acquisition is a killer for me. I can’t buy every wine that I want to buy, so I might as well buy from the independents instead of buying from a company like Constellation, whose CEO had total compensation of $10,843,537 in fiscal 2018. I don’t begrudge him the money, but I’m happy jettisoning the Schrader mailer and buying Nola’s olive oil instead. Here’s what Constellation said about Schrader in their FYE 10K:

Schrader Cellars Acquisition

In June 2017, we acquired Schrader Cellars, which primarily included the acquisition of goodwill, inventories, trademarks and certain grape supply contracts. This acquisition included a collection of highly-rated, limited-production fine wines which aligned with our portfolio premiumization strategy and strengthened our position in the fine wine category.

Realm, Favia, and M. Etain for me upcoming. Excited about each.

My sentiments exactly. Same thing pissed me off about the LVMH acquisitions in France. If I want a designer handbag, I can get one anywhere. I’d rather support a farmer.