Checked in on an old friend...

For me, one of the highlights of this hobby is picking a bottle from the stash from a winery that I dropped along the way and being reminded of why I started supporting that winery in the first place. I’m sure many have had the same experience. With Lillian, for me it was a function of buying quite a bit for several years and getting to a point where I just didn’t need any more…stopped buying after 2010. My favorite Lillian bottles have been from 2004-2006…this is undoubtedly the best experience I’ve had from any other year.

• 2009 Lillian Winery Syrah - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (8/22/2018)
    Opened and decanted at the restaurant…dark purple…thought we would let it sit, but the aromas were jumping from the decanter…concentrated blueberries and blackberries without being too ripe…full-bodied and smooth…tannins are fully integrated and the finish was 30+ seconds…consumed three glasses over a couple hours and got better and better. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

You got better…or the wine??
I find I get better after three glasses of wine as well. [snort.gif]
Tom

I have one 2010 left, your note makes me want to open it tonight to pair with burgers.

And I was thinking the same thing as Tom.

I am on the same boat (dropped off after 2010) and have quite a bit of Lillian still.

Glad to hear these wines are in a good place.

This makes me determined to open one tonight.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the note. I bought 3 of the '09’s and have one remaining. The first two were delicious as you describe. My excuse for doping them is simply that I have a disproportionately high percentage of syrah in the cellar.