Tanzer: Ridge Geyserville/LyttonSprings

As linked in WineTerroirist, SteveTanzer has a nice report in Vinous:
Tanzer:Geyserville/LyttonSprings

on a 6-decade tasting on the Zins from LyttonSprings/Geyserville vnyds.

Fairly interesting, but pretty much old hat to many folks.
Tom

Good read-- thanks!

Nice video interview with Paul Draper on the site as well.

Are there greater, more affordable, more consistent and available wines than these?

Two classics

Besides Apothic, I don’t think so.

As a huge fan and ATP member, I read nothing new. I do think-and I am hardly at the forefront of social sensitivity-that describing wines as masculine and feminine is inappropriate and of little or no meaning (much like the word “tasty” or “yummy” or “I really liked it”. Ok, it differs a bit, but not by much. If you had asked me, I would say that Geyserville is typically the more taut, lean, and muscular wine and LS is the fleshier, fruitier, more gregarious, less serious wine. So if we resort to stereotypes, which is more masculine and which is more feminine? Also, I disagree that Geezers are more approachable in youth than Lytton and always found the reverse. In fact, when Ridge wants to make a very soft approachable pet, they make a LS bottling of PS because the pet from LS is softer and gentler, less tannic. Oh well, what do I know. I should go down to the cellar and crack a Park Muscatine zin and maybe a Lytton Springs Lytton Springs and chill out and stop worrying about gender-based monikers.

Yowza!

Love these two bottlings. Especially with age. They can become very elegant and super delicious.